Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 4 Discussion CJYO 2013 / Student Quotes


'Unauthorized Soundtrack of Always Running'
((So What))

Quote by Christina Frausto / CJYO 2013 Student

"In researching the different artists Rodriguez mentions throughout the text I found that I was really drawn to the jazz of Miles Davis which he mentions on page 84 of our textbook Always Running. I personally do not listen to this type of music often but I found it to be extremely relaxing and very passionate. I especially loved "Blue in Green" and "So What" with John Coltrane I felt myself indulging in his music all day at work. I think that his music expressed the passion that many felt during this period and also like the fusion of genres in his music because I feel it is very symbolic of the fusion that was inevitably happening throughout the country at the time. I also chose to give the link to The Drifters classic "Stand by Me". This song brings so many memories to me and I thought many of you would enjoy it too! As far as a song that I would put on the soundtrack of my life I have chosen to share with you Mana’s "Cuando los Angeles Lloran". I am a big fan of Mana and chose this song specifically because it talks about loss, whether it is the loss of a loved one or the loss of activists dying for a cause important to them, which is what the song is talking about I believe. I feel that loss is a huge part of anyones life, we either grow or learn from it or it deeply wounds us and changes us forever. Hope you guys enjoy it."

-Christina Frausto

No comments:

Post a Comment