Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 4 Discussion CJYO 2013 / Student Quotes

Quotes by Rosa Baquera / CJYO 2013 Student

Discussing the unauthorized soundtrack of Always Running, and the soundtrack of our lives.

"While reading Always Running pages 103 and 104, Luis describes his high as a vacation away from his life as if he finally belonged there, he could see birds flying then everything changed and turned into a black hole. Luis had stopped breathing and the feeling of death is what he had been wanting and wanted to go back into his daze. I chose Led Zeppelin “Stairway to Heaven” because of his dream in this chapter of him wanting to get to that peaceful place somehow."



"Ever since I was little my father used to sing a song to my sisters and me. The song is called “De Niña a Mujer” by Julio Iglesias. I remember we would all laugh because he never really knew the lyrics. He would always sing the last vowel of each word like "aaa... oooo...." It was very sweet and I actually requested that specific song to dance with him for my father/daughter dance at my Quinceañera. My father and I had some issues, but on that day I was so happy that my father was there with me and that we were finally able to dance the song he had been singing to me since I was a little girl. That day was a turning point in our relationship as father and daughter and little by little we have been strengthening it."

No comments:

Post a Comment